Hello all,
In the last post, I wrote we were home free for the next few weeks and that it was unlikely the babies would arrive before then. Well, I guess I spoke too soon since that evening I was admitted into Brigham & Women's hospital with preeclampsia. This is very common for women over 35, who are having their first child, and expecting multiples. The good news is I feel fine and am thrilled to finally be on bedrest. My swollen feet and ankles (a symptom of preeclampsia) are gone and I recognize my skinny feet again! The not-so-great news is that if my blood pressure gets to be severe, the only way to "cure" me is to deliver the babies. Right now, I am 33 weeks and the babies are doing very well. They are still measuring in the 76th percentile for weight, each almost 5 lbs - this is quite big for twins at this age! My nightly bowls of ice cream are really paying off! If they are born now they will probably spend some time in the NICU but everyone here says it is great that they are so big so hopefully, if that happens, the time will be minimal.
I am being monitored several times per day, as are the girls. The doctors think if we can keep my blood pressure from elevating too much I may be able to wait to deliver a few more weeks as the babies get bigger and stronger.
Thank you to those who have already sent along their positive thoughts and well wishes. Thank you also for your offers to visit and help! As much as I would love to see or talk to friends and family, I get very winded and tired easily so I am trying to limit visiting time right now so I can just rest and keep my BP low. I am not bored at all here (yet) in the hospital since I have nurses in and out of my room all day, plus Jason has brought me many movies, books and magazines to keep me occupied. Having my laptop has been wonderful and the best way for me to communicate with people right now. Please feel free to e-mail if you like carrie@jasonredi.com
Once the babies arrive, we will send out a "Baby News" e-mail to let everyone know. We are beyond excited to meet these little girls but would be happy to wait a few more weeks to do so!
All the best, Carrie
No comments:
Post a Comment