Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Final Countdown - 4 more days!

I am lying here in my hospital bed amazed that 4 weeks ago tonight I was admitted for high blood pressure. I cannot believe that my stay here resulted in keeping the babies incubated for 4 weeks more as it will be 36 weeks and 3 days on the day we are scheduled to deliver -Sunday, July 20th. They are each measuring about 5.6 lbs...very reassuring.

Words cannot express how thrilled I am to think that we will be meeting these little beings soon and starting a whole new chapter in our lives. Of course, I am beyond ready to go home and not be cooped up here anymore! As much as I appreciate the amazing care I have received here, I am so ready to vacate the premises and bring our girls home. Jason has done an amazing job keeping the house together and caring for our three cats while working his very busy job and coming to visit me. I can imagine once he is able to take off some time from work and be home with us, maybe it will feel slightly more like a vacation...well, then again maybe not. But at least he won't have to be in so many places and he can enjoy a nap with one of the babies now and again.

At this point, the plan is that the induction is scheduled for 7:30 am on Sunday and my doctor has said, "Hopefully we will have babies by midnight." We have no idea how long labor will last but the good news is I have already started to dilate a little so hopefully things will move right along. We will try to send the announcement on Monday if we are up to it!

Since I have been on bedrest for a month and it is likely that I may not bounce back too quickly because of my blood pressure, we would like to ask people to wait to visit until we are home and settled a bit. We also have to get permission from the doctor for the twins to have visitors since a cold could really be dangerous for them as preemies. I know, I am already being the paranoid first-time mom!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and well wishes. Looking forward to sharing our news with you!

1 comment:

Debbi said...

Hi Carrie & Jason--

We are so happy to hear that you now have a considerably shorter tunnel ahead of you!! We are very excited for you both!! We wish you a very happy Labor Day :)

Much love,
Debbi, Dennis & Family