Saturday, August 2, 2008

Welcome home, Callia and Maia!

Callia Maia

Hello all of our dear friends and relatives,


I apologize for taking so long to post but I know you all can imagine how the girls are consuming our time these days....and wonderfully so.

We got home on Wednesday, July 23 and I can tell you it was the longest car ride ever! Having been in the hospital for 5 and 1/2 weeks, I was beyond thrilled to be going home and to start the new chapter of our lives with our girls. They are incredibly sweet and cuddly, each with their own distinct look and ways of behavior. Callia (pronounced Cal - ee - ya) sleeps quite a lot and takes her time eating. Maia (pronounced My - ya) is more alert and eats like a champ. They have both gained 10 0z in the last week and are well past their birth weight at almost 6 lbs each now.


Jason and I have been enjoying taking pictures and video of their "activities" but most of all, we love staring at how amazingly cute they are (we are not at all biased). Although sleep is not in the cards now, we have hopes they will be kind to their new parents and cut us a break once in awhile.


Here are a few pictures of the girls with more to follow.


Thank you to everyone for being as excited as we are to welcome Callia and Maia into our lives. We could not be happier!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Bliss!

Goings On said...

how wonderful that you are complete with your delivery and that you are back in Belmont again.
Take it easy and enjoy the space of being together.
My very best to you Carrie and that all your days are filled with wonder. The babies will also teach you of your own original innocence.
Love from here in India from all of us.